Security Guard Duties may include: Patrol industrial and commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized personsCirculate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours or when switchboard is closed.
- Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises, using force when necessary.
- Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas.
- Escort or drive motor vehicle to transport individuals to specified locations and to provide personal protection.
- Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment, and machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering.